Sunday, May 17, 2015

Rainbow cardigan. Part 1

Good day everyone. I didn't have time before but finally its Sunday and I am going to post first part of crocheted Rainbow cardigan. Today I am going to show you only how to crochet yoke and sleeves, other part of cardigan and its decoration I am going to post next week. So let's start.
Again and again I have use my favorite thread YarnArn Jeans (55% cotton, 45% acrylic). I like this issue because it has very bright and juicy colors.
I have started with Chain 91 and continued with : Ch 3 , 9 dc, 2dc in the next stitch, ch 2, 2 dc in the next stitch (I am forming angle here), " 21 dc, 2 dc in the next stitch, ch 2, 2 dc in the next stitch (I am forming second angle here), repeat from " 2 more time, 10 dc, ch 3, turn.

Second Raw you start with 11 dc, 2 dc in the chain-2 sp, ch2, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, "25 dc, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, ch2, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, repeat from " 2 more times, 12 dc, ch 3, turn.
 Keep crocheting Raw 3-8 in the same way as the second Raw.
Ninth raw:  34 dc, 1 dc in ch-2 space, ch 8, 1 dc in ch-2 space of the 2-d corner, 66 dc, 1 dc in ch-2 space (third corner), ch 8, 1 dc in ch-2 space of the 4th corner, 34 dc, ch 3, turn.
And row 10 keep crocheting sc across (work in ch 8 as well)
 Here I decided to cut the thread and work on sleeves.
Using new thread I just made a sc around. Then in the next raw ch 3,  in the same stitch – (dc, ch 2, 2 dc), " skip next 2 sc, in the next sc work – (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc), now repeat from " till the end of the round, slip stitch with the 3-d ch.
Next, sl st in the next dc and in the next ch-2 sp, ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc, keep crocheting  in each ch-2 space across, sl st with 3-d ch.
Keep crocheting Rounds 4-8 as previous.
New round starts from sl st in the next dc and in the next ch-2 space, ch 1, 2 sc in ch-2 space, sc in the next ch-2 space, " 2 sc in ch-2 space, sc in the next ch-2 space; repeat from " till the end, sl st.
Round 10: ch 1, sc around, sl st.
Round 11: ch 3, dc around, sl st.
Round 12: ch 3, " skip next dc, sc in the next dc, ch 3, repeat from " around, sl st.

 That's all for today, I hope you will start crocheting this cardigan together with me. In my next post I will show you how we are going to decorate this cardigan. In case you have any questions please visit my site for a detailed instructions on the first part of crochet rainbow cardigan pattern or leave the comment below.

Check out also a wide range of my free knitting patterns designed for babies and adults.

See you next week. Baci

No comments:

Post a Comment