Sunday, April 26, 2015

Diaper cake for my nephew


Finally, I had a chance to return to my blog and ready to share with you DIY diaper cake. Tutorial of the rainbow cardigan, that I promised to share with you last time, is almost ready and you can soon enjoy it. Today I would like to share with you my  tasty cake recipe :). Within a month my brother and his wife are expecting to have a baby, and as a good sister and might be future Godmother I decided to make something unique, cute and useful. To make a diaper cake I bought 2 packs of diapers (7-14kg), in total 84 diapers, used 3 different colors of corrugated paper, 6 rubber bands, cardboard tubes, and stripes for decoration.


First of all, I would highly recommend cleaning your hands and make a cake in a very tidy place to minimize the risk of any unpleasant gems getting on your item.

I decided to make a cake with 4 layers. The first and the second layers I was assembling around the pot to have a circular shape of the layer, and then filled an empty space with another roll of diapers. Here are some photos that will explain everything better than a thousand words.

Repeat the same steps for the second layer using a smaller diameter. The third and the fourth layers try to make without a pot, just lay the diapers circularly and fix them with a rubber band.
When all layers are ready use cardboard sticks to center them.
Now cake is ready to decorate it. As I said before I used corrugated paper and wrapped cake.


 I also made a base for cake to put it on. I just cut cardboard circle and decorated it with brown paper.
My favorite part of this DIY project was a cake decoration. I bought a lot of thing to put inside - baby socks, shampoo, baby cotton sticks, cotton hat, flat backs to decorate edges and many other things that will be useful for the baby and help parents save some money. Please feel free to add other interesting baby products.


At the end I wrapped my present and let it wait for future small prince. I hope it was interesting post for you, please if you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask me or visit my web site where you can find better a tutorial a diaper cake.

I'm also a big fan of knitting and crochet, and readily share my free knitting patterns online here.

See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment